Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Support Ticket System Headache

A few days ago, I called about a traffic discrepancy that caused our monthly bill to skyrocket (with the overage charges, our bill was three times the normal amount).  When I looked at Google Analytics, traffic actually went DOWN for the month.

So, I started digging into the Volusion Stats page from the server, and found a number of discrepancies.  I called and asked for in investigation, since the trends (lower number of visitors, pageviews, fewer spider hits, etc) didn't substantiate a 500% increase in bandwidth, particularly since I couldn't find any sources for the increased bandwidth.  It just magically appeared on my bill.

When I spoke to the Volusion Support agent, they told me they couldn't see a reason for the discrepancy either, and they'd create a ticket.

Fine.

Three days later, I went to check the status of the ticket, and the ticket isn't visible in my profile.  No problem.  I logged in under the master profile, but lo and behold, I can't view the ticket in that profile either.  So, now I get to wait another 30 minutes on hold with Volusion support.

Does anybody at this company actually TEST any of this stuff?  Or do they just wait until their customers call with a ton of attitude enough times to finally try and address that squeaky wheel?

God, I'm so sick of the same on-hold music with the same "Volusion is the greatest product ever" messages over the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment