Friday, June 29, 2012

Contacting Volusion Technical Support

Aggravation #3 for today.  Contacting Volusion Technical Support.

Now, let me start by saying that the people at Volusion TS are very nice. They try to help. Most of the time when I call, though, I know more about the software than they do. So, quite often, I end up teaching them things that they didn't know.  I guess there's a lot of turnover, so getting them up to speed has to be a substantial job.

However, today there was a problem to which I didn't know the answer, so I had to call. Sure, I could've used the chat feature, but my fingers would've fallen off trying to describe the problem.  So I called.

The auto attendant answered with the standard answer:

"Thank you for calling Volusion, named in Entrepreneur Magazine's 100 most brilliant companies."

(If Volusion is one of the 100 most brilliant companies, I have to seriously question the sanity of the editors at Entrepreneur Magazine).

Now, normally, I'd simply hit 1 for support immediately and get past the auto-attendant. However, they've triggered it so you CAN'T hit 1 until you hear the message just how brilliant Volusion is.  Like THAT's going to convince me of their brilliance.

Don't tell me how brilliant you are.  Fix the damn software and show me.

But on to the bigger problem.  After finally being able to hit 1 and get to support, I enter my customer ID number and get the message, "...the current wait time is 2 minutes."

2 minutes?  What happened to the 30 minutes that I'm accustomed to?  What will I do if I don't hear the same on hold music over and over so often that I hear it in my sleep while waiting for assistance?

Whoopee!!!!

Of course, the auto-attendant must have been programmed by somebody at Volusion, because the support rep came on 19 minutes later, only to learn that my problem isn't a problem, it's an "enhancement."  In other words, "go over here and fill out this form and maybe we'll take a look at it if, and only if it will help Volusion make more money."

Just another day at the office...

No comments:

Post a Comment